Darn it! I so meant to participate in WIAW yesterday, but I completely forgot. Buuuut I made this WIAW collage last night anyway, so I’ll just post it today.
- Pumpkin oats to fuel my morning.
- Chicken stew and a grilled cheese from The Palace
- Protein bar for an afternoon snack
- Chicken and veggie stir-fry for dinner
Add in a cup of hot chocolate after dinner and there you have it!
Yesterday was my first day back to work, and I’ll be honest, it was hard getting up that morning. Needless to say, I did not make it to the gym before work. It was just a teacher work day, so I was able to get a lot done and feel prepared and ready for this semester!
This morning however, my alarm went of at 4:30 and (after a few moments of mental preparation) I got up determined to get my butt to the gym. Hooray for new year motivation!
I plopped myself on the treadmill for a HIIT workout. I did sprinting intervals for 2 miles, walked for 1/4 of a mile, and finished out the last 3/4s steady running at 6.0.
I was so sweaty. You know it’s bad what you have to wipe your sweat off the bottom of the treadmill.
Breakfast was delicious as always but looks a little messier than normal.
Students came back to school today, so it’s been go-go-go all day long. I’m glad to be back in my routine though!
Soooo this post is titled Thursday Thoughts, and I usually give you a big list of all my different thoughts from the week, but today I only have one though to talk about….
1. I’m going to run a marathon!!!! I don’t know if I’ve mentioned on the blog, but I’ve finally decided to go after 26.2 miles! There’s a marathon in Huntsville (May 11th) which isn’t too far away, so I’ve pretty much decided to sign-up. I’m just waiting to make sure there’s not another one around that time that I’d rather do. It’s exciting, but so scary! I start training NEXT WEEK! I trained for my half in beautiful fall weather, so training in the middle of winter is going to be very different!
Time to go work on dinner!
Question: For those of you who have run marathons, any advice?? I’m training alone which will be hard, so I need advise!