Five Things Friday
I’m blogging from my iPad, so for some reason all the pictures seem huge. Sorry!
Yesterday afternoon I saw the sun for the first time in over a week. I didn’t know what to do. “The big yellow one’s the SUN!” Please someone gets my Brian Reagan reference there. Anyway, a full week of cold, dreary, rainy days makes for one gigantic TGIF!
1. Arms and chest strength on Monday
2. 3 miles on Tuesday
3. 3 miles on Wednesday
4. 3 miles on Thursday
5. Shoulders and back strength this morning.
1. Monday night’s dinner- Buffalo turkey burgers and sweet potato wedges
2. Breakfast on Tuesday- Pumpkin oats and peanut butter
3. Tuesday’s dinner- Chicken and veggie stir-fry
4. Breakfast on Thursday- Chobani bowl with apples and almond butter
5. Thursday’s dinner- “Super Skinny Chicken Alfredo” made from spaghetti squash, grilled chicken, and a homemade healthy Alfredo sauce. It was husbands first time eating spaghetti squash, and he didn’t hate it! SCORE!
Five Random Things
1. Tuesday morning we had a late start at school because of ice. I got to set my weekday alarm for 6:30! I haven’t seen that kind of alarm time on a school day in a LONG time. Thank you ice!!
2. I love getting pictures from my students. Even if they draw the music notes backwards. Maybe that should be my next lesson?
3. Speaking of school and lessons, this week I’ve been teaching the 2nd grade about notes and rhythms, and I can’t tell you how amazing it is to see their faces when they finally understand what it all means. They get so excited when they learn about music!
4. Chad is currently obsessed with guns and has talked about them approximately 1.5 million times this week. I actually made a compromise with him that he could get another gun if he would run a race with me. And looky who was beside me on the treadmill this past Wednesday.
5. Right now, Chad and I are off on an adventure with 36 youth! Pray for us!