Countdown to the Weekend + My Marathon Decision
Let’s recap the week with a little countdown shall we?
1. Monday’s tilapia dinner.
2. Thursday we had a very similar looking meal. Chicken with roasted asparagus and carrots.
3. Breakfasts from the week include: Oatmeal
5. Yogurt bowls
1. A tough legs and core workout on Monday
2. Two 3 mile runs on Tuesday and Thursday. Thursday’s run was broken up between the treadmill and elliptical because of knee pain.
3. A 4 mile run Wednesday afternoon complete with lots of chest sweat. TMI?
4. Arms and Chest strength workout this morning
THREE Things I’m Excited for this Weekend
1. Another group run with Team Total Health
2. Running my first race of 2013
3. CHAD’S 25th BIRTHDAY!!!!!
TWO Recipes I Owe You
1. Skinny Chicken Alfredo
2. Healthy Chicken Tenders
ONE Major Decision I’ve Made
1. It looks like a spring marathon is just not in the cards for me you guys. I won’t go into details, but I found out that I can’t run the marathon I planned on running in May. At first I though no big deal, I’ll just find another one around that time. Wrong. Apparently, there are no other marathons during the months of May, June, July, or even August in Alabama or anywhere in driving distance of where I live. But I found one in September that’s not too far away. I also had the option of upgrading my RnR Nashville half marathon registration to the full, but it’s a full two weeks earlier than I planned, so I’m behind in training. I put a call out on Facebook to seek advice of some runner friends. While some thought I should go for it, one comment made me realize that, this being my first marathon, I don’t want to under-train and end up burning out during the race, therefore having a bad experience. I want to be well trained and feel totally ready for something this big. So,
long story short I’ve decided to keep my Nashville half marathon entry and run my first full marathon in September. My devotion this morning definitely made me feel like this was the right decision.
Though I didn’t necessarily think I was “worshipping” my marathon training, I did realize that all this training was consuming my thoughts. I was always thinking about how I would fit in long mid-week runs, how I could work in long runs during weekends when we had youth retreats, and things like that. So in a way, I’m relieved that I can wait a little while before jumping back into marathon training. At least I’ll have the summer off of work to get in all my runs. It’ll just be freakin hot.
Well, Chad and I are off to grocery shop and then have a little dinner date later tonight! Have a good one!