Five Things Friday
Hello everyone! My life has been pretty boring this week. I don’t feel like I have anything to recap in my usual Five Things Friday, so I’ll just turn this FTF into a simple list of five things I want to share.
1. I’ve been slacking a little on my cardio/running this week. Usually, I’ll get in at least two good runs during the work week, but because of the leg torture from Monday, I’ve been too sore to move. Today was the first day I woke up and felt like I could even attempt a run. But sadly, it was a strength day. I have a 5-7 mile run scheduled tomorrow though, so I’ll just have to wait until then. Taking six days off from running sure does give me restless legs. I’m ready to get back out there!
2. Meals from the week have been good, but it’s all stuff you’ve seen before. Stir-fry on Monday. Buffalo turkey burgers on Tuesday. Wednesday we eat at church. And last night was healthy chicken alfredo. We’re going out for fajitas tonight like we do almost every Friday. I guess we’re just creatures of habit… and really really really like Mexican food.
3. This is Pierre to a freakin T.
4. I told you once that I had a recipe for skinny chicken tenders.
For the “breading,” mix 1 cup of crushed rice krispies with any spices you’d like. I like to use garlic salt, onion powder, paprika, and pepper.
Cup up chicken breast into strips (or buy boneless chicken tenders). Whisk an egg in a bowl to dip the strips in. After dipping the strips in the egg, toss them around in the breading mixture and cook them in a skillet for 5-10 minutes. Viola! “Skinny Chicken Tenders”
5. I completely forget about something very very very important!!!!!!! Yesterday was my ONE YEAR RUNNING ANNIVERSARY!!! It was exactly one year ago yesterday that I set out on my very first run using the Couch to 5K plan. Here’s where I wrote about my first run…. it kind of pains me to read that old post. haha Anyway, I’m so proud of how much I’ve accomplished since then and how much I’ve fallen in love with running! In one year I’ve run one 2 mile race, five 5ks, one 5 mile race, one 10k, and one half marathon! I’m currently working towards a 15k, my second half marathon, and a full marathon in the fall! I’ve placed 2nd in my age group once and placed 1st in my age group in 3 different races. It’s safe to say that one year ago yesterday, my life was changed!
P.S. I updated the recipe page and organized it a little better! Go check it out and see if there’s anything you want to try!