Seven [plus 4] on Saturday
This week has been pretty easy going and, if I’m being honest, boring. Hence the reason I haven’t written anything since Tuesday. But since it’s the end of the week, here’s a look at some things that have been going on the last few days….. in list form!
1. Tuesday night we went to see Despicable Me 2, and it was hilarious. I’m obsessed with the minions.
2. This week Chad and I started using a new workout program called “New Rules of Lifting for Abs.” I tried it a little over a year ago and stopped a few weeks in, but having Chad doing the workouts with me makes it so much better. Lets hope we stick with it!
3. You all know about my obsession with avocado, and it’s still in full force. I put it on my eggs the other morning.
4. Thursday morning we had to drive to Birmingham early in the morning for Chad’s doctors appointment. So, I had to wait until the afternoon to run which meant running on the treadmill or dying in the heat and humidity. So………
5. Friday morning Chad had the crazy idea to go out for breakfast. We went to a diner downtown called The City Restaurant. We used to go all the time when I was little, but I hadn’t been in so long. Healthy options were pretty limited, so I ordered two eggs and a bowl of oatmeal.
6. Later in the afternoon on Friday, we took the buddies on a walk to the park. Pierre especially loves the park because of all the ducks. They’re everywhere!
7. I actually cooked dinner on a Friday night instead of going out to eat. #proud I made spaghetti with turkey meatballs. Spaghetti squash noodles for me and regular noodles for Chad.
8. This morning I woke up around 5:45, had some coffee, and then got ready to go out for a run on the TVA trails. I chose the hilly path because it has the best views, but was kind of regretting it every time I came to a hill. At least the scenery made it worth the pain! 🙂
9. I still can’t get enough oatmeal for breakfast. Post-run breakfast of choice was overnight oats made with 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 tbs pumpkin, truvia, a LOT of cinnamon, and a big spoonful of peanut butter.
10. Chad is gone today on a youth paintball trip. I was originally going with them, but paintball is just not my thing, so I gave up my spot to let another kid go. I was definitely not too upset about the decision. 😉
11. It’s time for lunch over here, so I’m gonna go figure out what I want to have with my avocado. 😉